The Discipline of Mathematics at IIT Palakkad is strongly committed to excellence in research and teaching. We envisage a period of fast growth leading to a strong and diverse Mathematics community at IIT Palakkad. The expertise of the faculties spread across pure and applied mathematics.
- Algebraic Geometry:
Dr. Rohith Varma
- Commutative Algebra:
Dr. Paragama Sarkar
- Differential Equations:
Dr. Lakshmi Sankar K, Dr. Sarath Sasi
- Functional Analysis:
Dr. C R Jayanarayanan, Prof. S H Kulkarni
- Several Complex Variables:
Dr. G. P. Balakumar, Dr. Jaikrishnan J
- Low-dimensional Topology:
Dr. Arpan Kabiraj
- Mathematical Statistics, Probability and Information Theory:
Dr. M. Ashok Kumar
The discipline is very keen on having researchers in every major field of mathematics and are proactive to ensure that this is achieved in the near future. In addition, the PhD students are actively involved as teaching assistants for both B.Tech as well as MSc courses. This will prepare them well for a future career in academia. There are currently five Ph.D research scholars working in the Discipline of Mathematics.
Research Scholars (PhD): Anumol Joseph (Partial differential equations), Ardra A (Partial differential equations), Atin Gayen (Statistical Inferences), Jiju Mammen (Several Complex Variables), Sreejith Siju (Functional Analysis)
- Dr. Jayanarayanan C.R. MATRICS, Department of Science and Technology, 2018-2021
- Dr. M. Ashok Kumar VAJRA award of SERB, Joint wit Prof Broniatowski of UPMC, Paris, France), 2020-2021
- Dr. Lakshmi Sankar K, INSPIRE Faculty Award, 2015 - 2021.
- Dr. Paragama Sarkar, INSPIRE faculty award 2016 - 2021