Integrated PhD (MS+PhD) in Mathematics (2011-2016) : Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
B.Sc. in Mathematics (2006-2009) : Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Assistant Professor (December 2019-May 2020) : IIT Bhubaneswar, India
INSPIRE Faculty (September 2016 - March 2020) : Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI), Chennai, India
Postdoctoral fellow (October 2017 - September 2018) : Ben-Gurion University, Israel
My principle areas of research are topological, combinatorial and geometric group theory. I am primarily interested in the study of geometric, combinatorial, computational and algebraic aspects of geometric objects namely curves on hyperbolic surfaces arising naturally in the study of low-dimensional topology and Riemann surface theory. In this context I am interested in certain problems related to the length function on Teichmüller space and various combinatorial objects associated to the Teichmüller space.
I am also interested in quasimorphisms on groups associated to geometry and topology of surfaces.
Apart from geometry, I am interested in logic, in particular first order theory of groups which occurs naturally while studying geometric objects, e.g. Braids groups, Mapping class groups etc.
1) Instructor of the course “Mathematics-II”, January-May, 2020.
2) Instructor of the course “Algebraic Topology”, January-May, 2020
Chennai Mathematical Institute:
1) Instructor of the course “Riemannian Geometry” (REGO), August-November,2017.
2) Instructor of the course “Geometric Group Theory” (GGTH), August-November, 2019.
1) Teaching Assistant for MA 231 Topology, August-December, 2011.
2) Teaching Assistant for UM 101 Analysis and Linear Algebra I, August-December, 2012.
3) Teaching Assistant for MA 221 Real Analysis, August-December 2013.
4) Teaching Assistant for MA 232 Introduction to Algebraic Topology, August-December 2014.
5) Teaching Assistant for UM 101 Analysis and Linear Algebra I, August-December, 2015.