Education (Reverse Chronological order) :
PhD in Mathematics (2007-2013) from the Indian Institute of Science.
M. Math (2005-2007) from the Indian Statistical Institute.
B. Math (Hons.), (2002-2005) from the Indian Statistical Institute.
DST--INSPIRE Faculty Fellow at the Indian Statistical Institute, Chennai-center, during December 2013 -- July 2017.
Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, during April 2013 -- December 2013.
Courses taught at IIT-PKD:
- MA 1010 -- Calculus of one and several variables, August -- November, 2017.
- MA 1020 -- Vector Calculus and Linear Algebra, January -- April, 2017.
- MA 2020 -- Differential Equations, August -- November, 2018.
- MA 1010 -- Calculus of one and several variables (second half), 2018.
- MA 2021 -- Algebra, January -- April, 2019.
- MA 2010 -- Complex Variables (second half), March - April 2019.
- Talk on the Schwarz lemma, Poincare metric and some applications, in February 2018 at CUSAT.
- Lectures on Complex Analysis during first two weeks of the Annual Foundational School held at IISER Pune during May 2018.
- Lectures (on 'Invariant metrics, distances and applications') during the second week of the Advanced Instructional School on Several Complex Variables, held at IISc during June 2018.
- Lectures (on 'Conformal Mappings and Normal Families') for the workshop 'Complex Analysis and Complex Dynamics' held at IIT-Tirupati during December 2018,
- Talk titled 'Introduction to Several Complex Variables', at Victoria College Palakkad on 23rd March 2019,
- Six lectures (Schwarz lemma, Riemann Mapping theorem and the Monodromy theorem) at the Instructional School for Teachers at Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana Pune, during May 2019,
- Talk titled 'Remarks on the higher dimensional Suita conjecture', at ICTS Bangalore on 22nd July 2019.
G. P. Balakumar, Diganta Borah, Prachi Mahajan and Kaushal VermaAnn. Pol. Math. (To appear) (2020)G. P. Balakumar, Diganta Borah, Prachi Mahajan and Kaushal VermaProc. Amer. Math. Soc. 147 3401-3411 (2019)G. P. Balakumar; P. MahajanProc. Indian Acad. Sci. Math. Sci. 127 323–335 (2017)G. P. Balakumar; P. MahajanProc. Indian Acad. Sci. Math. Sci. 127 463–470 (2017)G. P. Balakumar; P. Mahajan; K. VermaAnn. Fac. Sci. Toulouse Math. 24 281–388 (2015)G. P. BalakumarComplex Var. Elliptic Equ. 59 369–411 (2014)G. P. Balakumar, K. VermaMath. Z 274 117–144 (2013)