- Associate Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, Kerala, India (Nov, 2021 – present).
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, Kerala, India (Dec, 2016 – Nov, 2021).
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan (Feb, 2016 – Dec, 2016).
- Geotechnical Engineer, H R Engineering Services, Inc., Florida, USA (Jan, 2014 – Jan, 2016).
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Civil and Coastal Engineering, University of Florida, USA (Jan, 2013 – Dec, 2013).
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India (Aug, 2005 – Aug, 2008).
- PhD in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical) - University of Florida, USA
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical) - College of Engineering Trivandrum / University of Kerala
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering - Government Engineering College, Thrissur / University of Calicut
Professional Engineer (P.E.), Texas Board of Professional Engineers.
Life Member, Indian Geotechnical Society
Life Member, The Indian Society for Technical Education.TitleTeachingDescription
- CE 5006 Foundation Engineering (M.Tech)
- CE 5005 Geotechnical Investigations and Instrumentation (M.Tech)
- CE 5101 Computational Geomechanics lab (M.Tech)
- CE 5004 Experimental Geotechnics (M.Tech)
- CE 5001 Advanced Foundation Engineering (B.Tech Elective, MS/PhD)
- CE 3350 Geotechnical Engineering (B.Tech)
- CE 2060 Geology and Soil Mechanics (B.Tech)
- CE 2080 Surveying Theory (B.Tech)
- CE 4010 Estimation and Construction Management (B.Tech, with Dr. Sunitha)
- CE 3410 Construction Materials Lab (B.Tech)
- CE 2100 Surveying Practical (B.Tech)
1) Alpha Lukose (July 2017 - present), Ongoing, Area of research - Cavity Expansion Theory and Pressure-grouted Soil Nails
2) Neeraj C R (Jan 2020 - present), Ongoing, Area of research - Rock-socketed Piles/Drilled Shafts
3) Gopika Rajagopal (July 2020 - present), PMRF, Ongoing, Area of research - Helical Soil Nails
4) Twinkle S (Jan 2021 - present), Ongoing, Area of research - Stem-grouted Piles
1) Neeraj C R (July 2017 - Dec 2019), Completed, Topic: Analysis of Pile-Stabilised Slopes Incorporating Horizontal and Vertical Arching
2) Gopika Rajagopal (Jan 2018 - July 2020), Completed, Topic: Evaluation of Hybrid Back-to-Back MSE Wall with Select and Marginal BackfillTitleSponsored Research ProjectsDescription
- Sudheesh T. K. (PI), "Development of Membrane-confined Stem Grouted Piles and their behaviour under Uplift Loading", DST SERB Core Research Grant, (2020-2023), Amount: 30.42 Lakh
- Albert Sunny (PI) and Sudheesh T. K. (Co-PI), "ZIGBEE Based Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide", ISRO, (2020-2022), Amount: 15.52 Lakh
- Tom V. Mathew (PI), B. K. Bhavathrathan B. K., Rakesh J. Pillai, Sudheesh T. K., and Veena Venudharan (Co-PIs), "Sustainable and Resilient Environment Friendly Solutions for Hill Road Design Through a Pilot Study on Mannarkkad -Chinnathadagam Road", Kerala PWD, (2019-2021), Amount: 24.99 Lakh
- Rakesh J. Pillai (PI), Nitheesh K., Abhijith A., Bhavathrathan B. K., Sudheesh T. K. (Co-PIs), "Regional road resilience using landslide susceptibility model", Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI), (2021-2022), Amount: 7.5 Lakh
Gopika Rajagopal and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiInternational Journal of Geosynthetics and Ground Engineering DOI: 10.1007/s40891-022-00416-9 (2022)Alpha Lukose and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiInternational Journal of Geotechnical Engineering DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/19386362.2022.2062154 (2022)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, Michael McVay, C.R. NeerajASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering 148 (6) (2022)Alpha Lukose and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiGeomechanics and Engineering 28 (4) 405-419 (2022)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, P. Shankar, C. R. Neeraj, Alpha LukoseInnovative Infrastructure Solutions DOI: 10.1007/s41062-021-00724-5 (2021)Gopika Rajagopal and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiGeosynthetics International, ICE Publishing, https://doi.org/10.1680/jgein.21.00043 (2021)C. R. Neeraj and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiGeotechnical Research, ICE Publishing DOI: 10.1680/jgere.21.00013 (2021)Alpha Lukose and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiIn Proceedings of National Conference on Innovations in Civil Engineering, Trivandrum, Received Best Paper Award (2021)Gopika Rajagopal, Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiTransportation Geotechnics 26 100445 (2021)Alpha Lukose, Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiGround Characterization and Foundations, Springer Book Chapter, eBook ISBN: 978-981-16-3383-6 167 (2021)C. R. Neeraj and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiGeomechanics and Engineering 23 (5) 481-491 (2020)Gopika Rajagopal and Sudheesh T. K.7th Indian Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference, Received IGS – YGE Best Paper Biennial Award – 2020 (2019)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, Michael McVay, Peter Lai, and Rodrigo HerreraASCE Geotechnical frontiers (2017)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, Michael McVay, Peter Lai and Rodrigo HerreraCanadian Geotechnical Journal 54 (9) 1231-1244 (2017)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, Michael McVay, Peter Lai and Rodrigo HerreraCanadian Geotechnical Journal 53 (12) 1928-1938 (2016)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, Michael McVay, David Bloomquist and Peter LaiActa Geotechnica 9 (3) 439-454 (2014)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, Michael McVay, and Peter LaiASTM Geotechnical Testing Journal 37 (4) 1-18 (2014)Sudheesh Thiyyakkandi, Michael McVay, David Bloomquist and Peter LaiASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering 139 (8) 1334-1345 (2013)Treasa Maliakal and Sudheesh ThiyyakkandiGeotechnical and Geological Engineering 31 (2) 425-433 (2012)