Educational Qualification Details:
- Ph.D. (IISc Bangalore, Aug 2011 - Dec 2015)
- M.E. (IISc Bangalore, Aug 2008 - Jun 2010)
- B.Tech (JNTU Kakinada, Sep 2004 - Apr 2008)
- Assistant Professor (IIT Palakkad, Oct 2019 - till now)
- Assistant Professor (on contractual basis) (IIT Palakkad, Jul 2017 - Oct 2019)
- Assistant Professor (BITS Hyderabad, Dec 2015 - Jul 2017)
- EEDP Engineer (GE - Energy, Bangalore, Jun 2010 - Jun 2011)
- Bijit Kalita and KVN Surendra, 2019. Mixed Mode Fracture Analyses Using Finite Element Method of Edge Cracked Heavy Spinning Annulus Pulley, International Journal of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Vol:13, No:5, Pages: 377-382, ISNI:91950263.
- KVN Surendra & Aditya Pratap Singh, July 2017. Stress intensity factor of spinning center-cracked Brazilian disk, Indian Conference on Applied Mechanics (INCAM)-2017, MNIT Allahabad.
- Rohit Kumar & KVN Surendra, July 2018. Finite element stress analysis of simplified 2-D model of automobile wheel, NAFEMS India Regional Conference on Engineering Modelling, Analysis, Simulation and 3D-Printing, Bengaluru.
- Bijit Kalita and KVN Surendra, Contact stress analysis of a heavy annulus pulley of transmission system, Poster, 4th Indian Conf. on Applied Mech. (INCAM-2019), IISc Bangalore, 3-5 July 2019.
- Bijit Kalita and KVN Surendra, Finite element analyses of a centre cracked heavy rotating pulley, 1st Int. Conf. on Mechanical Power Transmission (ICMPT-2019), IIT Madras, 11-13 July 2019.
- Mohammed Shafeeque KK and KVN Surendra, Stress Analysis of a Brake Drum under different contact conditions, IndiaTrib international conference, IISc, Bangalore, 1-4 Dec 2019.
Aug-Nov 2020 semester:
- ME3070: Design of machine elements (PMT)
During Jul 2017 - Jul 2020:
- Mechanical Vibrations (thrice)
- Engineering Drawing (involved twice)
- Design of Machine Elements (involved once)
- ME3522: Intro. to Finite Element Methods & ME5501: Finite Element Methods (twice)
- ME5001: Fracture Mechanics
- ME5616: Impact mechanics of solids
- ME4501: Computer Aided Design
- Applied Mechanics Lab and ME Labs - I, II, III
- Workshop Practice I
- Mohammed Shafeeque K.K. (Jul 2018 - ongoing)
- Bijit Kalita (Jan 2018 - Dec 2019)
B.Tech Project (BTP) Students:
- Gopu Krishnan
- Shubham, Naga Srihari, Utsav Khaitan and Gaurav Saharan (2016-20)
- Rohit Kumar, Monarch Mech and Prakhar Agrawal (2015-19)