Subrahmanyam Mula received the B.E. degree in electronics and communication engineering from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam in 2001, and the M.Tech. degree in microelectronics and VLSI design from IIT Kharagpur in 2003, and Ph.D. degree from Department of Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering, IIT Kharagpur in 2018. From 2003 to 2014, he was with Intel, Bengaluru where he was involved in front-end design verification of gigabit Ethernet switches, processors, chip-sets, and GPUs. He supported six generations of Intel GPUs from Eaglelake (Gen4) on 65nm to Skylake (Gen9) on 14nm at various levels such as architecture, RTL, Verification, GLS, STA, DFT and Post Si Debug. His current research interests include VLSI architectures for real time signal processing applications and adaptive learning systems.
My research interests span the broad area of VLSI architectures for statistical signal processing algorithms. My current research mainly focuses on developing efficient VLSI architectures for real-time adaptive filtering applications. For achieving the best performance-flexibility trade-off of the complex adaptive filtering algorithms, I focus on co-design of algorithm and architecture in an intertwined way rather than designing them in isolation.
· Digital Systems (UG) (July - Dec 2019, July - Dec 2020, Aug - Dec 2021)
· Digital Circuits Lab (UG) (July - Dec 2019)
· VLSI Architectures for signal processing and machine learning (Theory & Lab) (UG & PG) (Jan - May 2020, Feb - May 2021, Jan - May 2022)
. VLSI Design (Theory & Lab) (PG) (July - Dec 2020, Aug - Dec 2021)
1. Ganjimala Pavankumar (Jul 2020 - )
1. Daney Alex (Jan 2020 - )
|Project Title||Funding Agency||Duration||Role|
|HARKAL: Hardware Accelerated Robust Kernel Adaptive Learning||Start-up Research Grant (SERB)||Jan 2021 - Jan 2023||PI|
|Energy Efficient Distributed Estimation and Control of Networked Robots and its Implementation Architectures||IIT Palakkad Technology IHub Foundation (IPTIF)||June 2021 - June 2026||Co-PI|
1. D. Alex, V. C. Gogineni, S. Mula and S. Werner, "Novel VLSI Architecture for Fractional-order Correntropy Adaptive Filtering Algorithm", in IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, 2022 (Accepted)
2. S. R. K. Vadali, S. Mula, P. Ray and S. Chakrabarti, "Area Efficient VLSI Architectures for Weak Signal Detection in Additive Generalized Cauchy Noise," in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 1962-1975, June 2020.
3. S. Mula, V. C. Gogineni, A. S. Dhar, “Robust Proportionate Adaptive Filter Architectures under Impulsive Noise,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 27, no.5, pp. 1223-1227, May 2019.
4. S. Mula, V. C. Gogineni, A. S. Dhar, “Algorithm and VLSI Architecture Design of Proportionate-type LMS Adaptive Filters for Sparse System Identification,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 26, no.9, pp. 1750-1762, Sept. 2018.
5. V. C. Gogineni and S. Mula, “Proportionate-type Adaptive Filtering under Maximum Correntropy Criterion for Identifying Systems with Variable Sparsity,” Digital Signal Processing (ELSEVIER), vol. 79, pp. 190-198, Aug. 2018.
6. V. C. Gogineni and S. Mula, “Logarithmic Cost based Constrained Adaptive Filtering Algorithms for Sensor Array Beamforming,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 5897-5905, July 2018.
7. S. Mula, V. C. Gogineni, A. S. Dhar, “Algorithm and Architecture Design of Adaptive Filters With Error Nonlinearities,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 2588-2601, Sept. 2017.
8. B. K. N. Srinivasarao, V. C. Gogineni, S. Mula, and I. Chakrabarti, “A Novel Framework for Compressed Sensing based Scalable Video Coding”, Signal Processing: Image Communication (ELSEVIER), vol. 57, pp. 183-196, Sept. 2017.
9. S. R. K. Vadali, P. Ray, S. Mula, and P. K. Varshney, “Linear Detection of a Weak Signal in Additive Cauchy Noise,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 1061-1076, March 2017.
1. P. Ganjimala and S. Mula, "High performance VLSI architecture for the modified SORT-N algorithm", IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Austin, Texas, 2022 (Accepted)
2. V. C. Gogineni, S. Mula, R. L. Das and M. Chakraborty, “Performance analysis of proportionate-type LMS algorithms,“ 2016 Signal Processing: Algorithms, Architectures, Arrangements, and Applications (SPA), Poznan, Poland, 2016, pp. 177-181.
"CAD for Digital VLSI Design" as part of the five day online workshop on "The Art of IC design using EDA tools" held from 15th-19th March, 2021 at Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi