Balyam Vihar - The Creche at IIT Palakkad
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
Ahalia Integrated Campus, Kozhippara P. O., Palakkad -678557, Contact: 9188952155
Guidelines for Parents/Guardians
Balyam Vihar have the pleasure of offering you the following Child Care facility on the Terms & Conditions stated hereunder:
- Provide a caring and safe environment for the child.
- Monitor each child’s activities, eating patterns, and health on a daily basis.
- Help children to develop and maintain healthy habits in eating, resting, and sleeping.
- Assist children in having meals.
- Assist children in bathroom or diapering tasks as needed.
- Plan activities that stimulate the cognitive, social, emotional, and behavioral development of the children (storytime, art & craft, music, dance, games, etc).
Balyam Vihar is equipped with caretakers who are monitored by the Balyam Vihar Committee. The creche is equipped with child-friendly play materials. The hygiene of the creche is checked on a daily basis.
- The regular working hours will be 9 AM - 5.00 PM from Monday to Friday.
- Parents should pick up their children before 5.30 PM.
- Balyam Vihar will be closed on all public holidays as per IIT Palakkad Calendar. However, if the parent has a dire need that the child should be taken care of at Balyam Vihar on any Saturday of the month, it has to be informed 2 days prior and necessary arrangements would be made considering the circumstances.
Instruction to Parents/Guardians
- Parents are expected to send snacks, refreshments, meals, and water bottles on a daily basis. Kindly label or put a nametag for personal belongings.
- The creche will provide no food or drink.
- Parents should send a change of clothes, adequate diapers (if not toilet trained), and a towel for the day. Please also send a bedsheet to be used during the sleeping hours.
- The child should not be sent while having a fever, severe cold, etc. If the child falls sick while at creche, parents will be informed and requested to pick up the child immediately.
- No medicines will be administered to the children by the caretakers. However, parents can come and give medicines if mandatory and can ask for the assistance of the caretakers.
- Do not send the child if he/ she has had primary contact with anyone who is tested COVID positive.
- Do not send any personal toys, chocolates, or attractive articles with your child.
- Avoid sending your child wearing expensive jewelry or other accessories as the creche caretakers will not take responsibility if anything goes missing.
- Parents should not offer money or any special gifts to the caretakers.
- Parents are allowed to visit the creche only at timings fixed by the committee. (1.00pm to 2.00pm). However, parents can come in the initial weeks and spend time till their child gets accustomed to the new environment. It can also be a person who has already been introduced to the caretaker by the parents.
- Drop and Pick- up should be done strictly by the parent or someone who has already been introduced to the caretaker.
- Do not advise or suggest to the caretaker directly about managing the child. However, your valuable feedback and suggestions are appreciated.
- Please use the email id email@example.com and Mob No: 9188952155 for correspondence.
|Schemes||For Faculty and Officers||For Staff, Students & Ahalia Staff|
|Occasional full day||300/-||300/-|
Half Day: 4 hours a day
Please note the following important points:
Parents will be provided with the details about the number of days that were availed during a month, at the beginning of the consecutive month and the amount has to be transferred to the following account within 5 days. Please send an email with the proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Name: BALYAM VIHAR
Account Number: 6174101000820
Bank Name: Canara Bank
Branch: IIT Palakkad
IFSC Code: CNRB0006174
MICR Code: 678015010
Fees Review: As reviewed periodically by the Balyam Vihar.
- Dr. Archana Ghode - Chairperson
- Dr. Lakshmi Sankar - Member
- Mr. Unni Madhavan - Member
- Dr. Tessy Grace Mathews - Member
- Mr. Sanil Sharahudeen - Member
Personal Guest: Other than children registered in Balyam Vihar, no other child or adult are allowed in the premises of the creche. No personal guests are allowed.