How to reach IIT Palakkad campus
IIT Palakkad is conveniently located within 35Kms distance from both Palakkad and Coimbatore, which are well developed cities with good rail connectivity to the rest of the country. It takes roughly 45 minutes only, to commute to our campuses from Palakkad and Coimbatore railway stations. Coimbatore international airport is only 50Km away from our campus.
By KSRTC bus from Palakkad
- Take an auto rickshaw from Palakkad Junction railway station to “KSRTC Bus Stand” (3 kms)
- Board a bus to Coimbatore Get down at Kanalpirivu (कनाल पिरिवु ) bus stop
- Take an auto rickshaw to Ahalia Campus (Rs. 70/-)
By Private bus from Palakkad
- Take an auto rickshaw from Palakkad Junction railway station to “Stadium Bus Stand”
- Board a bus to Walayar
- Get down at Kanalpirivu bus stop
- Take auto rickshaw to Ahalia
By Taxi from Palakkad
- Through the National Highway proceed towards Kanjikode
- After Kanjikode, turn right at Alamaram Bus Stop (Wise Park) towards “Kanjikode-Menonpara road” (you will see BEML Kanjikkode on the left).
- Continue for 3.4 kms; at the four way junction, turn left to get to the Ahalia Campus.