- PhD in Physics from Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India (completed in December - 2019)
- MSc in Physics from Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India (2012-2014)
- BSc in Physics from N. S. S College, Cherthala (2009-2012)
- DST INSPIRE Faculty, Department of Physics, IIT Palakkad (Since January 2023)
- Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Paris Saclay, Orsay, France (Feb 2020-Dec 2022)
We study how nature assembles itself into complex hierarchical structures. Using colloids as model systems, we investigate the self-assembly behavior of more complex systems including proteins. In addition, we also focus on application prospects of self-assembly in drug delivery, building microscale robots etc.
Merin Jose, Mayarani, M, Madivala G. Basavaraj and Dillip K. SatapathyPhysical Chemistry Chemical Physics 23 7115-7124. (2021)Mayarani, M., Madivala G. Basavaraj, and Dillip K. Satapathy,Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 583 683-691 (2021)Muthamilselvan, K., Mayarani, M, Muralikrishna, G. M, Battabyal, M, and Gopalan, RMaterials Research Express 6 045905 (2019)Mayarani, M., Merin Jose, Madivala G. Basavaraj, and Dillip K. SatapathyAIP Conference Proceedings 2115 030048 (2019)M. Mayarani, M. G. Basavaraj, and Dillip K. SatapathySoft Matter 15 4170-4177 (2019)M. Mayarani, M. G. Basavaraj, and Dillip K. SatapathyLangmuir 34 14294-14301. (2018)Mayarani, M., Madivala G. Basavaraj, and Dillip K. SatapathyNanoscale 9 18798-18803 (2017)