2018- Present, Assistant Professor, IIT Palakkad
2017-18, Assistant Professor, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Kerala, India
2014-17, Women Scientist (Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
2008-12, Assistant Professor, M. G. University, Kerala, India
Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, in the year 2017
M-Tech in Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, Kerala University, Kerala, India, in the year 2008
B-Tech in Civil Engineering, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, Kerala University, Kerala, India, in the year 2006
1. Gangadharan, P., & Nambi, I. M. Feasibility Study of Disposed LCD Monitor and Carbon Cloth Electrodes for Synchronized Removal/Recovery of Cr 6+ by Microbial Fuel Cells. International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, 8(8), 557-560
2. Gangadharan, P., Nambi, I. M., Senthilnathan, J. & Pavithra V.M. Heterocyclic aminopyrazine-reduced graphene oxide coated carbon cloth electrode as an active bio-electrocatalyst for extracellular electron transfer in microbial fuel cells. RSC Adv., 6, 68827-68834, Impact Factor: 3.3
3. Gangadharan, P., Nambi, I. M., & Senthilnathan, J. Liquid crystal polaroid glass electrode from e-waste for synchronized removal/recovery of Cr+ 6 from wastewater by microbial fuel cell. Bioresource technology, 195, 96-101, Impact factor: 6.102
4. Gangadharan, P., & Nambi, I. M. Hexavalent chromium reduction and energy recovery by using dual-chambered microbial fuel cell. Water Science and Technology, 71(3), 353-358, Impact factor: 1.212
- Charlotte Joseph, Praveena Gangadharan, Efficiency in Chromium removal from metal plating industry effluent by Electrodialysis, International Conference on Desalination (InDACON-2018), NIT, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, India, 20-21 April 2018
- Shalu Thomas, Praveena Gangadharan, “Application of PRB Technology for Cr(VI) remediation in groundwater using nano iron and scrap iron particles”, International conference on desalination (InDACON-2018) , Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli and Indian Desalination Association (InDA), April 20 – 21.
- Anupama S., Praveena Gangadharan, “Integrated Forward – Reverse Osmosis system for water reclamation”, The first International Conference on Energy and Environment (ICEE 2018), NIT Calicut, Kozhikode, Kerala, India, March 9-10
- Praveena Gangadharan, Indumathi M Nambi, “Feasibility study of LCD monitor and carbon cloth electrodes for synchronized removal/recovery of Cr6+ by microbial fuel cells”, The 8th international conference on environmental science and development (ICESD-2017), Frankfurt University of applied science, Frankfurt, Germany, February 8 – 10.
- Praveena Gangadharan, Indumathi M Nambi, “Hexavalent chromium reduction and energy recovery by using dual chambered microbial fuel cell”, The 2nd Asia Pacific international society of microbial electrochemistry & technology (AP-ISMET) meeting, National University of Singapore, Singapore, July 21 – 23.
- Praveena Gangadharan, Indumathi M Nambi (2014), “Wastewater treatment coupled with chromium metal recovery & energy production using microbial fuel cell”, 25th IPHE national convention on environmental engineering & 3rd international conference and exhibition ENVISION 2025, CLRI, Adyar, Chennai, March 12 – 14, 2014.
- Best Poster Award, for the paper titled “Efficiency in Chromium removal from metal plating industry effluent by Electrodialysis” at the International Conference on Desalination (InDACON-2018), held at NIT, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, India during 20-21 April 2018
- Magudam Award from News 18 Channel , Tamil Nadu, Awarded by the Honorable Vice President of India Mr. Venkaiah Naidu in the year 2017 for the innovation of generating electricity from E-Wastes
- Bhagyalakshmi and Krishna Ayengar Award, Received from Dr. Bhaskar Ramamurthi (Director of IIT M) and Mr. Nandan Nilekani, Co–founder of Infosys and former chairman of UIAD during the 54th convocation held on at IIT Madras for the best Ph.D. project under the category of pollution in the year 2017
- Finalist of Carbon Zero Challenge, organized by the IIT Madras and IWMA with support from U.S. Consulate General, Chennai for the Incubation of Microbial Fuel Cell Technology in the year 2017
- Best Paper Award in the ICESD-2017 conference held at Frankfurt University of Applied Science, Frankfurt, Germany
- Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award in the year 2015, Received from Dr. R.A. Mashelkar (Chairperson, NIF) during the festival of innovations hosted by the Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi for inventing E-Waste as electrode in Microbial Fuel Cell for the removal/recovery of wastewater along with energy production
- Best Poster Award in the AP-ISMET Meeting at National University of Singapore, Singapore, in the year 2014
- Women Scientist Award (WoSA) from the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, for developing Microbial Fuel Cell technology for the removal/recovery of wastewater along with energy production in the year 2014
- Editorial member, International Journal of Environmental Science Studies
- Life member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
Gangadharan, P., & Nambi, I. M. 2014-2017. Wastewater treatment coupled with resource recovery and energy production using microbial fuel cell. DST Women Scientist Award fellowship (WoS A), (Amount: Rs. 20.95 lakh).