I am an assistant professor in the Department of Data Science and Computer Science & Engineering at IIT Palakkad. Before joining here, I was a postdoctoral fellow in Prof. Gerhard Weikum's group at Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Saarbruecken Germany. I received my Ph.D. degree from Technical University Kaiserslautern under the supervision of Prof. Sebastian Michel in 2018.
My research interests broadly cover the area of information extraction and knowledge base curation. I worked on extracting and canonicalizing interesting commonsense assertions from the web and harvesting peer entities for an entity using facts from knowledge bases and web tables. I am working on building an end-to-end question-answering system to efficiently handle quantitative queries. My dissertation focused on building smart indexing methods for efficient querying of ranked lists and mining interesting categories for exploring ranked entities, extracted from web tables.
- CS5621 Information Retrieval, Sept-Dec 2021
- CS3020 Database Management Systems Jan-May 2022
- CS3120 Database Management Systems Lab Jan-May 2022
- DS5603 Information Retrieval, Sept-Dec 2022
- Data Engineering Lab, Sept-Dec 2022
I am leading Databases and Information Systems group at IIT Palakkad
- Gayathri R (PhD, Since July 2022)
- Mohammed Taufeeq (MS, Since July 2022)
- Navya N (M.Tech 2nd Year)
- Haripriya Chandra (M.Tech 2nd Year)
- Ajaykumar Pal (M.Tech 2nd Year)
- Shripad Chabukswar (M.Tech 2nd Year)
- Aamar Parajuli (M.Tech 1st Year)