Industrial Research Experience:
- Lead Engineer (2017 till July), GE Global Research, Mechanical and Materials Organization, Bangalore
- Research Engineer (2012-2017), GE Global Research, Aero-Thermal and Mechanical Systems, Bangalore
- Senior Engineer (2011-2012), Research and Development, Tribology Section, National Bearings, Jaipur
- Senior Research Fellow (2006-2009), Dept. of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai
- Technical Assistant (2003-2004), ECC Larson & Toubro, Hyderabad
- PhD (2007-2012), Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai
- ME (2004-2006), Metallurgical Engineering, Anna University
- BE (2000-2003), Mechanical Engineering, Madras University
- DME (1997-2000), Mechanical Engineering, TPEVR Govt. Polytechnic, Vellore
- Sudharshan Bhat Memorial Prize: Institution silver medal for the best thesis in PhD in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras (2012)
I have general interest in understanding the structure-property-performance relationships of engineering materials, essentially focused to connect fundamental research work to industrial requirements with specific expertise in Surface Engineering, Welding Technology, Industrial Tribology and Additive Manufacturing.
- ME 2035 Materials and Design
- ME 3503 Industrial Tribology
- ME 3045 Machine Design Practice
- ME 3050 Design of Machine Elements
- ME 4503 Additive Manufacturing
- ME 5004 Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- ME 5007 Advanced Engineering Materials
- ME 5618 Additive Manufacturing
Mr. Pramod (registered in Jan-2018)
Area: Structure-Property-Process-Performance correlation of additively manufactured metallic components.
Mr. Ranju (registered in Jul-2018)
Area: Rolling Contact Fatigue (RCF) studies on bearing steels.
S Pramod, KM Naveen, D Kesavan, Effect of part orientation and low temperature annealing on Impact Toughness of Laser Powder Bed Fusion processed AlSi10Mg, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 2022
VS Hariharan, S Pramod, D Kesavan, BS Murty, G Phanikumar, ICME framework to simulate microstructure evolution during laser powder bed fusion of Haynes 282 nickel-based superalloy. Journal of Materials Science, 1-21, 2022
V Done, D Kesavan, M Huffman, D Nelias; Accelerated Fretting Wear Tests for Contacts Exposed to Atmosphere; Tribology Letters 65 (4), 153, 2017
V Done, D Kesavan, M Krishna R, T Chaise, D Nelias; Semi analytical fretting wear simulation including wear debris; Tribology International 109, 1-9, 2017
D Kesavan, V Done, MR Sridhar, R Billig, D Nelias; High temperature fretting wear prediction of exhaust valve material; Tribology International 100, 280-286, 2016
D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; Influence of aging treatment on microstructure, wear and corrosion behavior of a nickel base hardfaced coating; Wear 272 (1), 7-17, 2011
D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; A Study on Influence of Aging Treatment on Sliding Wear Resistance of a Nickel Based Hardfacing Alloy; Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals 64 (4-5), 453-460, 2011
K Balasubramanian, D Kesavan, V Balusamy; Studies on the effect of vibratory treatment on reduction of solidification cracking in AA2014 aluminum alloys; Revue de Métallurgie–International Journal of Metallurgy 108 (2), 89-94, 2011
K Balasubramanian, D Kesavan, V Balusamy; Studies on the effect of vibration on hot cracking and grain size in AA 7075 aluminum alloy welding; International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 3 (1), 2011
D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; Effect of Aging Treatment on Microstructure and Wear Behaviour of a Nickel Based Hardfaced Coating; Advanced Materials Research 194, 2284-2289, 2011
D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; The microstructure and high temperature wear performance of a nickel base hardfaced coating; Surface and coatings technology 204 (24), 4034-4043, 2010
- Anurag Sahu, Kamaraj M, Kesavan D, “Heat Treatment studies on Inconel 718 alloys proceed by Selective Laser Melting (SLM) technique” (Oral presentation), NMD ATM 2021 75TH Annual technical meeting of the Indian Institute of Metals, 13th to 15th of November 2021.
- Sosten Magweva and Kesavan D, “Influence of the rolling process and thermal treatment on reciprocating wear behavior of additively manufactured AlSo10Mg alloy” (Oral presentation), TRIBOINDIA 2021 - An International Virtual Tribology Conference.
- Pramod S and Kesavan D, “Study on energy density and its influence on single track Inconel 718 processed through Selective Laser Melting” (Poster presentation), NMD ATM 2021 75TH Annual technical meeting of the Indian Institute of Metals, 13th to 15th of November 2021.
- Pramod S and Kesavan D, Effect of heat treatment on high cycle fatigue behavior of Inconel 718 processed by selective laser melting 6th Asian Conference on Heat Treatment and Surface Engineering, Chennai, 2020.
- Ranju M.R and Kesavan D, Effect of Shot Peening on Rolling Contact Fatigue Life of EN 31 Steel using a Two Disc Test Rig, NMD ATM, Trivandrum, 2019.
- Pramod S and Kesavan D, Fracture toughness of AlSi10Mg parts produced through Selective Laser Melting (SLM), NMD AT, Trivandrum, 2019.
- Aman Sharma, Manish Kumar, SGK Manikandan and D Kesavan, Study of process parameters on the bond strength of thermal barrier coatings using Air plasma spraying process, NMD ATM, Trivandrum, 2019.
- D Kesavan and M Kamaraj, Microstructural Effects on Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Ni-Base Hardfacing Alloy, National Conference on Design and Manufacturing Issues in Automotive and Allied Industries, IIT Madras, Chennai, 2009.
- D Kesavan and M Kamaraj, Effect of Test Temperature on Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Ni-based Hardfacing Alloy, 3rd International Symposium on Advanced Mechatronics Engineering-ISAME, Changwon National University, Korea, 2009.
- D Kesavan, M Kamaraj and P Sivaprasad, Influence of Ageing Temperature on Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of PTA Weld Deposits, 6th International Conference on Industrial Tribology- ICIT, New Delhi, 2008.
- D Kesavan and M Kamaraj, Effect of Temperature on Run-in Period of Ni-based Hardfacing Alloy Deposited by Plasma Transferred Arc Welding, 3rd International Symposium for Research Scholars-ISRS, on Metallurgy, Materials Science and Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai, 2008.
- Kesavan and M Kamaraj, High Temperature Wear Behavior of Nickel Based Hardfacing Alloy Deposited by Plasma Transferred Arc Welding, 2nd International Conference on Advanced Tribology-ICAT, Singapore, 2008.