Industrial Research Experience:
- Lead Engineer (2017 till July), GE Global Research, Mechanical and Materials Organization, Bangalore
- Research Engineer (2012-2017), GE Global Research, Aero-Thermal and Mechanical Systems, Bangalore
- Senior Engineer (2011-2012), Research and Development, Tribology Section, National Bearings, Jaipur
- Senior Research Fellow (2006-2009), Dept. of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai
- Technical Assistant (2003-2004), ECC Larson & Toubro, Hyderabad
- PhD (2007-2012), Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai
- ME (2004-2006), Metallurgical Engineering, Anna University
- BE (2000-2003), Mechanical Engineering, Madras University
- DME (1997-2000), Mechanical Engineering, TPEVR Govt. Polytechnic, Vellore
- Sudharshan Bhat Memorial Prize: Institution silver medal for the best thesis in PhD in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras (2012)
I have general interest in understanding the structure-property-performance relationships of engineering materials, essentially focused to connect fundamental research work to industrial requirements with specific expertise in Surface Engineering, Welding Technology, Industrial Tribology and Additive Manufacturing.
- ME 3050 Design of Machine Elements
- ME 4503 Additive Manufacturing
- ME Lab 2
- ME Lab 3
- ME 2035 Materials and Design
- ME 3503 Industrial Tribology
- ME Lab 1
- ME 3040 Machine Tools and Metrology (Jointly with Dr. D. Chakradhar)
- ME 3050 Design of Machine Elements (Jointly with Dr. KVN Surendra)
- ME Lab 2
Mr. Pramod (registered in Jan-2018)
Area: Structure-Property-Process-Performance correlation of additively manufactured metallic components.
Mr. Ranju (registered in Jul-2018)
Area: Rolling Contact Fatigue (RCF) studies on bearing steels.
- V Done, D Kesavan, M Huffman, D Nelias; Accelerated Fretting Wear Tests for Contacts Exposed to Atmosphere; Tribology Letters 65 (4), 153, 2017
- V Done, D Kesavan, M Krishna R, T Chaise, D Nelias; Semi analytical fretting wear simulation including wear debris; Tribology International 109, 1-9, 2017
- D Kesavan, V Done, MR Sridhar, R Billig, D Nelias; High temperature fretting wear prediction of exhaust valve material; Tribology International 100, 280-286, 2016
- D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; Influence of aging treatment on microstructure, wear and corrosion behavior of a nickel base hardfaced coating; Wear 272 (1), 7-17, 2011
- D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; A Study on Influence of Aging Treatment on Sliding Wear Resistance of a Nickel Based Hardfacing Alloy; Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals 64 (4-5), 453-460, 2011
- K Balasubramanian, D Kesavan, V Balusamy; Studies on the effect of vibratory treatment on reduction of solidification cracking in AA2014 aluminum alloys; Revue de Métallurgie–International Journal of Metallurgy 108 (2), 89-94, 2011
- K Balasubramanian, D Kesavan, V Balusamy; Studies on the effect of vibration on hot cracking and grain size in AA 7075 aluminum alloy welding; International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 3 (1), 2011
- D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; Effect of Aging Treatment on Microstructure and Wear Behaviour of a Nickel Based Hardfaced Coating; Advanced Materials Research 194, 2284-2289, 2011
- D Kesavan, M Kamaraj; The microstructure and high temperature wear performance of a nickel base hardfaced coating; Surface and coatings technology 204 (24), 4034-4043, 2010
D Kesavan, M Kamaraj and P Sivaprasad, Influence of Ageing Temperature on Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of PTA Weld Deposits, 6th International Conference on Industrial Tribology- ICIT, New Delhi, 2008.
D Kesavan and M Kamaraj, Effect of Temperature on Run-in Period of Ni-based Hardfacing Alloy Deposited by Plasma Transferred Arc Welding, 3rd International Symposium for Research Scholars-ISRS, on Metallurgy, Materials Science and Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai, 2008.
D Kesavan and M Kamaraj, High Temperature Wear Behavior of Nickel Based Hardfacing Alloy Deposited by Plasma Transferred Arc Welding, 2nd International Conference on Advanced Tribology-ICAT, Singapore, 2008.
D Kesavan and M Kamaraj, Effect of Test Temperature on Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Ni-based Hardfacing Alloy, 3rd International Symposium on Advanced Mechatronics Engineering-ISAME, Changwon National University, Korea, 2009.
D Kesavan and M Kamaraj, Microstructural Effects on Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Ni-Base Hardfacing Alloy, National Conference on Design and Manufacturing Issues in Automotive and Allied Industries, IIT Madras, Chennai, 2009.