2000 - 2003 BSc (Chemistry) Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Puttaparthi, India.
2003 - 2005 MSc (Chemistry) Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Puttaparthi, India
2005 - 2009 Ph.D Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India.
2009 - 2011 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Toronto, Canada.
2011 - 2013 Visiting Research Associate, International Centre for Materials Science, Bangalore, India.
2013 - 2017 Ramanujan Fellow (Scientist), CSIR - National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.
2017 Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology - Palakkad, India.
Memberships in Professional Bodies
- Honorary faculty, Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, New Delhi.
- Life member, Catalysis Society of India.
- Ontario Postdoctoral Fellowship from Government of Ontario, Canada.
- Ramanujan Fellowship from Government of India.
INSA medal for Young Scientists 2017 (Chemical Sciences) from Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi.
- 54th Research Council Meeting, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune.
- Department of Chemistry, IISER Bhopal (2016).
- Chemical Frontiers - 2017 (Organized by Sheiq Saqr Laboratory, ICMS, Bangalore & IIT Bombay)
- Department of Chemistry, IIT Bombay (2017).
- Department of Chemistry, Central University of Tamil Nadu.
- Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology - Tiruchirapalli.
- Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, Bangalore.
- School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA University, Thanjavur.
- SRM Research Institute, Chennai.
Design, synthesis and characterization of efficient Heterogeneous Catalysts for
(1) Organic transformations
(2) Combustion reactions
(3) Hydrogenation of CO2
(4) Water treatment
1. Theoretical and Inorganic Chemistry for B.Tech CY 1010
2. Chemistry of Materials for Ph.D CY 6003
1. Experimental Lab course for B.Tech CY 1030
2. Physical Methods in Chemistry for Ph.D CY 6001
3. Environmental Engineering for B.Tech CE 3025
1. Ms. Liya T (M.Sc, University of Calicut, Registered for full time Ph.D in 2017)
2. Ms. Jiji M (M.Sc, Kannur University, Registered for part time Ph.D in 2017)
D. Nagaraju,* S. Gupta, D. Kumar, C. Jijil, S. Bhat, D. Jagadeesan* And S. B. Ogale* Room temperature activation of CO by dual defect stabilized nanoscale haematite: Concurrent role of Fe and O vacancies, ACS Omega., 2, 8407 - 8413 (2017), DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.7b01505.
G. Jaiswal, V. Landge, D. Jagadeesan* And E. Balaraman*, Iron-based Nanocatalyst for the Acceptorless Dehydrogenation Reactions, Nature Communications., 8:2147 (2017), DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-01603-3.
S. Gupta, V. K. Jain And D. Jagadeesan*, Fine tuning the composition and nanostructure of Fe-based core-shell nanocatalyst for efficient CO2 hydrogenation, ChemNanoMat., 2, 989 - 996 (2016), DOI:10.1002/cnma.201600234.
D. Vernekar And D.Jagadeesan*, Tunable acid-base bifunctional catalytic activity of FeOOH in an orthogonal tandem reaction, Catalysis Science and Technology., 5, 4029 - 4038 (2015), DOI:10.1039/C5CY00361J.
Full list of publications can be accessed from the personal web page