2000 - 2003 BSc (Chemistry) Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Puttaparthi, India.
2003 - 2005 MSc (Chemistry) Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Puttaparthi, India
2005 - 2009 Ph.D Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India.
2009 - 2011 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Toronto, Canada.
2011 - 2013 Visiting Research Associate, International Centre for Materials Science, Bangalore, India.
2013 - 2017 Ramanujan Fellow (Scientist), CSIR - National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India.
2017 Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad, India.
Memberships in Professional Bodies
Honorary faculty, Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, New Delhi.
Life member, Catalysis Society of India.
Ontario Postdoctoral Fellowship from Government of Ontario, Canada.
Ramanujan Fellowship from Government of India.
Details of Research Projects
- Design of new heterogeneous catalysts to improve the selectivity of high-temperature, gas-phase reactions, SERB, 2013 - 2018, INR 86.81 Lakhs. (Role PI). Status: Completed
- CO2 fixation for direct glycerol carbonate synthesis over heterogeneous co-operative catalysts, GAIL, 2014-2016, INR 190.25 Lakhs. (Role Co-PI). Status: Completed
- Thermal decomposition of inorganic carbonates containing transition metal ions in H2 to produce higher hydrocarbons and methanol selectively, SERB, 2014 - 2017, INR 23.4 Lakhs. (Role PI). Status: Completed.
- New chemical synthesis routes for nanostructured transition metal carbide catalysts using organic-inorganic hybrid precursors, BRNS, 2015 - 2017, INR 21.3 Lakhs. (Role PI). Status: Transferred.
INSA medal for Young Scientists 2017 (Chemical Sciences) from Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi.
- Department of Chemistry, IISER Bhopal, March, 2016.
- Chemical Frontiers - 2017 (Organized by Sheiq Saqr Laboratory, ICMS, Bangalore & IIT Bombay), August 2017.
- Department of Chemistry, IIT Bombay, August 2017.
- HEAM Scientist 2018 (Hydrogen Energy and Advanced Materials), University of Kerala, March 2018.
- National Conference on Challenges in Energy and Environmental Applications, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode, March 2018.
- Department of Chemistry, Central University of Tamil Nadu, April 2015.
- Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology - Tiruchirapalli, April 2015.
- Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, Bangalore, August 2015.
- SRM Research Institute, Chennai, April 2015.
- School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA University, Thanjavur., December 2016.
- Title: Fine-tuning the Fe based core-shell nanocatalyst for efficient CO2 hydrogenation, S. Gupta, V. K. Jain and D. Jagadeesan, Energy Innovations - Today & Tomorrow, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited - Green R&D Centre, Bangalore, 2016.
- Title: Hydrogenation of inorganic carbonates - A potential route to recycle carbon, Workshop on Frontiers in Chemistry - From Molecules to Materials, D. Jagadeesan, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, February 2016.
- Title: Fe nanoparticles supported on graphene - Probing the active site inefficient dehydrogenation reactions, G. Jaiswal, D. Jagadeesan and E. Balaraman, International Conference in Nanoscience and Technology (ICONSAT 2016), Pune, 2016.
- Title: Magnetic nanoparticles as spacers for tunable enhancements in surface plasmon-coupled emission, S. Venkatesh, D. Vernekar, D. Jagadeesan and R. Sai Sathish, International Conference in Nanoscience and Technology (ICONSAT 2016), Pune, 2016.
- Title: Fe3O4@carbon core-shell nanoparticles for selective hydrogenation of CO2 at ambient pressure, V. K. Jain, S. Gupta and D. Jagadeesan, International Conference in Nanoscience and Technology (ICONSAT 2016), Pune, 2016.
- Title: Metal Oxyhydroxides for efficient acid-base tandem reactions, D. Vernekar and D. Jagadeesan, International Conference on Frontiers in Applied Chemistry, 2016.
- Title: Novel solution processes for advanced materials, D. Nagaraju, S. Gupta, D. Jagadeesan and S.B. Ogale, 9th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (Materials Research Society - Singapore), June 2017.
Theoretical and Inorganic Chemistry for B.Tech CY 1010
Physical Methods in Chemistry for Ph.D CY 6001
Experimental Lab course for B.Tech CY 1030
Chemistry of Materials CY 6004
1. Ms. Liya T (M.Sc, University of Calicut, Registered for full-time Ph.D. in 2017)
2. Ms. Jiji M (M.Sc, Kannur University, Registered for part-time Ph.D. in 2017)
3. Mr. Rajendran (M.Sc, The Gandhigram Rural Institute for full-time Ph.D. in 2018)
D. Nagaraju,* S. Gupta, D. Kumar, C. Jijil, S. Bhat, D. Jagadeesan* And S. B. Ogale* Room temperature activation of CO by dual defect stabilized nanoscale haematite: Concurrent role of Fe and O vacancies, ACS Omega., 2, 8407 - 8413 (2017), DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.7b01505.
G. Jaiswal, V. Landge, D. Jagadeesan* And E. Balaraman*, Iron-based Nanocatalyst for the Acceptorless Dehydrogenation Reactions, Nature Communications., 8:2147 (2017), DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-01603-3.
S. Gupta, V. K. Jain And D. Jagadeesan*, Fine tuning the composition and nanostructure of Fe-based core-shell nanocatalyst for efficient CO2 hydrogenation, ChemNanoMat., 2, 989 - 996 (2016), DOI:10.1002/cnma.201600234.
D. Vernekar And D.Jagadeesan*, Tunable acid-base bifunctional catalytic activity of FeOOH in an orthogonal tandem reaction, Catalysis Science and Technology., 5, 4029 - 4038 (2015), DOI:10.1039/C5CY00361J.
Full list of publications can be accessed from the personal web page