Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering:
1) Green Geotechnics
- -- Sustainable Landfills, waste containment systems, coal ash / slurry waste ponds
- -- Value addition / Utilization of potential waste materials in various geotechnical applications
2) Reinforced Earth & Ground Improvement Techniques
- -- Reinforced Earth & Soil stabilization
- -- Cracking characteristics of soils
- -- Sustainable practices
3) Geosynthetics: Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental applications
- -- Reinforced earth walls, Embankments & Fills
- -- Geosynthetics : reinforcement, filtration and drainage, landfill barriers
4) Physical and numerical modelling in Geotechnical Engg., Application of Image analysis
- -- 1g and Centrifuge modelling Techniques, DIC
Vibha (MS: On going) : Area of research: Geosynthetic Reinforced MSE Walls
Dhanya (PhD: On going) : Area of research: Geosynthetics: Bioreactor Landfills and Non-traditional reinforced earth walls
- -- Behaviour of Geosynthetic Encased CCD Stone Columns
- -- Numerical studies on slope failure mitigation by using Soil Nails - A case study
- -- Performance evaluation of bentonite amended coal ash as a landfill barrier
- -- Stabilization of expansive clay blended with RHA and lime
- -- Load settlement characteristics of strip footing on geogrid reinfroced clay
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2018) “Evaluation of Hydro-Mechanical Behaviour of Hydraulic barriers of Landfill Covers”, ASCE Geoshangai, 2018, Chapter: Geoenvironment and Geohazard. GSIC 2018, Springer, Singapore, pp- 549-556.
- Divya, P.V. and Viswanadham, B.V.S. (2016). “Influence of geomembrane stiffness on the integrity of landfill covers: centrifuge modeling”, Indian Geotechnical Conference 2016, 15-17 December 2016, IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
- Divya P.V and Neethu M (2018). "Behaviour of Geosynthetic Encased Crushed Concrete Debris Columns", (Tentatively accepted) Geosynthetics 2018, TX, USA.
- Viswanadham, B.V.S., Divya, P.V. and Gourc, J.P. (2014) “Tensile strength and permeability behaviour of soil barrier material with and without polyester fibers”, 7th International congress on environmental geotechnics, pp- 448-456, Australia, November 10-14.
- Divya, P.V., Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Gourc, J.P. (2013) “Centrifuge modelling of geomembranes applied to landfill composite cover systems”, Geosynthetics Applied To Landfills and Containment Systems: Lesson Learned and New Research, Geosynthetic 2013, pp- 312-320, April 1-4, Long Beach, California.
- Viswanadham, B.V.S. and Divya, P.V. (2012). “Performance of Composite Covers of landfills Subjected to Differential Settlements: Centrifuge Study”, Proceedings of one day Conference on Geosynthetic Lining Solutions and Related Issues”, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India section- ASCE, 48-58.
- Divya, P.V. and Viswanadham, B.V.S. (2012) “Comparison of the Performance of Compacted Clay Barriers, Composite Barriers and Geofiber Reinforced Barriers of Landfill Covers”, Asiafuge 2012, Proceedings of the First Asian Workshop on Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, pp- 359-367, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- Ajay, V.J and Divya, P.V. (2015). “Numerical studies on slope failure mitigation by using soil nails - A case study”, XI International Conference on Science, Engineering & Technology, ICSET 2015, November 3-4.
- Divya. P.V and Viswanadham. B.V.S. (2015) “Deformation behaviour of composite barriers of clay based landfill covers”, Young Geotechnical Engineers’ Symposium on Finite Element Method, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, In association with ISSMGE, DST and IGS Mumbai, 17- 18 May, 2015.
- Divya, P.V. and Viswanadham, B.V.S. (2011). “Experimental Studies on the Response of a Clay Barrier of Landfill Covers to Differential Settlements”, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference 2011, Kochi, India, Vol. 2, 749-752.
- Divya, P.V. and Bindu, J. (2008). “Effect of Confinement in Improving the Load Carrying Capacity of Soft Soils”, 9th National Conference on Technological Trends, 21-22 Nov 2008, India, 74-79.
CE 3350: Geotechnical Engineering
CE 2060: Geology and Soil Mechanics
CE 3410: Construction Materials Lab (with Dr. Madhu, Dr. Anil and Dr. Sudheesh)
CE 2050: Building Drawing (with Dr. Anil)