Project title: Performance evaluation of a cryogenic coolant through a modified tool holder in machining of Inconel 625 super alloy.
Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
Budget: Rs. 1483160 (Rupees fourteen lakhs eighty three thousand one hundred and sixty)
Award type: Early career research award
ME3040 Machine Tools and Metrology (Jointly with Dr. D. Kesavan)
January - June 2018
ME2280 Manufacturing Processes
ME3035 Automation in Manufacturing
ME1160 Workshop Practice II (Coordinator)
August - December 2018 (Planned)
ME2280 Manufacturing Process
ME4010 Industrial Engineering and Management
PhD students at IIT Palakkad
1. Rakesh P R
Research area: Experimental investigation on cryogenic machining of Inconel 625 super alloy.
2. Abhilash P M
Research area: Experimental investigation on wire electric discharge machining of nickel bases super alloys.
PhD supervision at National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
- Venkatesh G, Experimental investigation on thermally assisted machining of Inconel 718 superalloy. (Awarded - 2017)
- Priyaranjan Sharma, Evaluation of WEDM performance characteristics of Inconel 706 for turbine disc profile application. (Co-supervisor: Prof. S. Narendranath) (Awarded - 2017)
- Sivaiah P, Machinability studies on 17-4 PH stainless steel under cryogenic cooling environment. (Awarded - 2017)
- Sachin Kumar, Experimental studies on friction stir welding. (Co-supervisor: Prof. S. Narendranath) (Status: Ongoing)
- Vinay Varghese, Experimental studies on milling using cryo coated tools. (Co-supervisor: Prof.M R Ramesh) (Status: Ongoing)
- Sachin B, Experimental investigation on diamond burnishing under cryogenic environment. (Co-supervisor: Prof. S. Narendranath) (Status: Ongoing)
- Sivaiah P, Chakradhar D, “Comparative evaluations of machining performance during turning of 17-4 PH stainless steel under cryogenic and wet machining conditions” Machining Science and Technology, 2018, Vol. 22, Issue 1, pp 147 - 162.
- Sivaiah P, Chakradhar D, “Effect of cryogenic coolant on turning performance characteristics during machining of 17-4 PH stainless steel: A comparison with MQL, wet, dry machining”, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, 2018, Vol. 21, pp 86-96.
- Sharma, P., Chakradhar, D, Narendranath, S., 2016. “Analysis and optimization of WEDM performance characteristics of Inconel 706 for aerospace application”. Silicon, 2018, Volume 10, Issue 3, pp 921–930.
- Sivaiah P, Chakradhar D, “Influence of cryogenic coolant on turning performance characteristics: A comparison with wet machining” Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 2017, Vol. 32, pp 1475-1485.
- Sivaiah P, Chakradhar D, “Machinability studies on 17-4 PH stainless steel under cryogenic cooling environment”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 2017, Vol. 32, pp 1775-1788.
- Venkatesh G, Chakradhar D, “Influence of Thermally Assisted Machining Parameters on the Machinability of Inconel 718 Superalloy” Silicon, 2017, Volume 9, Issue 6, pp 867–877.
- Venkatesh Ganta, Srinivasasagar K, Chakradhar D "Multi objective optimization of thermally enhanced machining parameters of Inconel 718 using grey relational analysis" International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, 2017, Vol. 19, pp 57 - 75.
- Sivaiah P, Chakradhar D, “Multi objective optimization of cryogenic turning process using Taguchi based grey relational analysis.” International Journal of Machining & Machinability of Materials, International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, 2017, Vol. 19, pp 297 - 312.
- Sharma Priyaranjan, D. Chakradhar, Narendranath S, “Effect of wire material on productivity and surface integrity of WEDM processed Inconel 706 for aircraft application”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 2016, Vol. 25, pp 3672-3681.
- Priyaranjan Sharma, Chakradhar D, Narendranath S, “Effect of wire diameter on surface integrity of wire electrical discharge machined Inconel 706 for gas turbine application” Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 2016, Vol. 24, pp 170-178.
- Delivered a guest lecture on "Relevance of Technology in the Manufacturing Sector" at BEML Limited Palakkad on 11th May 2018.