- PhD in Physics from Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India (Awarded in 2011)
- MSc in Physics from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India
- BSc from Ravenshaw College, Cuttack, India
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, IIT Palakkad (Since June 2019)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, SRM University, India (2016)
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Institut Jacques Monod, Paris, France (2013)
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Institut Curie, Paris, France (2010)
Our research aims to understand the interaction of living systems with their environment. Specifically, we are studying the process of "mechanosensing" by which living cells sense and respond to the external mechanical stimuli at different length scales.
1. Title : Mechanistic correlation between homeostatic pressure and metastatic competence in cancer cells
Funding Agency : DST-SERB
Duration : Three years
Status : Ongoing
Coordination between intra- and extra- cellular forces regulates focal adhesion dynamics.
B R Sarangi, M Gupta, B Doss, N Tissot, F Lam, RM Mege, N Borghi and B Ladoux.
Nano Letters, 17 (1), 399, 2017.
Adaptive rheology and ordering of cell cytoskeleton govern matrix rigidity sensing.
M Gupta, B R Sarangi, J Deschamps, A Callan- Jones, F Margadant, R M Mege, C T Lim, R Voituriez, B Ladoux
Nature Communication, 6, 7525, 2015.
Micropillar substrates: a tool for studying cell mechanobiology
M Gupta, L Kocgozlu, B R Sarangi, F Margadant, M Ashraf and B Ladoux
Methods in cell biology, 125, 289-308, 2015
Cellular capsules as a tool for multicellular spheroid production and for investigating the mechanics of tumor progression in vitro.
K Alessandri *, B R Sarangi * ,V Gurchenkov, B Sinha, T R Kießling, L Fetler, F Rico, S Scheuring, C Lamaze, A Simon, S Geraldo, D Vignjević, H Doméjean, L Rolland, A Funfak, J Bibette, N Bremond, P Nassoy (*Co-First Author )
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 110, Pages: 14843-14848, 2013. ( Selected for Cover page )