Notification for recruitment of Communication and Media Officer - On Contract
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad invites online application for below given posts on contract basis:
|Post Name||Qualification / Experience||Payscale||No. of posts|
|Communication and Media Officer||Qualification:
Master's Degree / PG Diploma in Communications, English Journalism, English Literature or related fields.
3 years of relevant experience in media, communications or public relations. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Good time management and organizational skills. Should be proficient in Office softwares, content management systems, and social media platforms.
Digital Marketing expertise, Experience in website & graphic design.
|Consolidated monthly pay in the range of Rs. 40000 - 120000/- (The actual amount will be fixed based on the candidate’s profile.)||1|
*The appointment will be on a contract basis for one year, extendable based on review of performance.
Job description and Key responsibilities:
Communication and Media Officer
- Coordinate the development, drafting, and editing of news releases, media advisories and announcements for distribution to the news media to publicize the institute, its faculty, students, staff, and their programs, activities and research.
- Review any content that goes on the institute web pages.
- Maintain professional contacts and affiliations with the news media, bloggers, podcasters, and other influencers – at the local, national, and international levels, to facilitate and promote the dissemination of news and publicity about the institute.
- Maintain the institute’s official blog and social media handles, ensuring the consistent use of branding across various media.
- Create print material such as brochures, posters and flyers.
- Maintain records of media coverage including photo and video assets and collate analytics and metrics of the same.
- Write regular articles on our institute academics, various programs, research, facilities, industry collaboration etc.
How to apply: Eligible candidates may apply by sending their detailed resume/CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating “Application for the post of Communication and Media Officer at IIT Palakkad”. Candidates who have already applied for the post need not apply again and their applications will be considered with the new eligibility criteria. Applications received shall be processed on a regular basis until the position is filled.
Candidates have to make sure that they are fully eligible for this post and the original certificates/documents in support of the information furnished in the online application form are to be provided at a later stage of the recruitment process. No deviation, whatsoever, from the filled-in details will be entertained under any circumstances.
Please read the Notification for more details.