IIT Palakkad, one of the new IITs established under MHRD during the year 2015, started academic functioning from August 2015. Currently, the Institute is operational from the transit campus at Kanjikode, Palakkad and the temporary campus located at Ahalia Integrated campus, Kozhipara, Palakkad.
IIT Palakkad is looking for individuals with an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty positions at the level of (as per the 7th Central Pay Commission):
|Assistant Professor Gr. I||
|Assistant Professor Gr. II||
Level 10 (Rs. 57,700- Rs. 98200)
In all cases, allowances as applicable to Central Government employees located in Palakkad will be paid. All recruitments, except Assistant Professor Gr. II, will be for permanent positions and those appointed will be on probation for one year. The selection committee may also consider ON CONTRACT appointments in some other cases too. The position is available in a few disciplines currently.
CATEGORY & AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
|Designation||Areas of specialization||Mandatory degree requirements|
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor
Applications are invited from outstanding researchers in in the following areas: Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Data mining, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Statistics
|Ph.D in relevant area of research|
|Mathematics||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor||Numerical Analysis||Ph.D in relevant area of research|
Ph.D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding (penultimate) degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
- EXPERIENCE: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
At least 6 years industrial / research / teaching experience (post Ph.D.) of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer.
- EXPERIENCE: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR GR.I
At least 3 years industrial / research / teaching experience excluding, however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- EXPERIENCE: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR GR.II (Level 10/Level 11)
Those with industrial / research / teaching experience less than three years (post Ph.D.) will be considered only for these posts.
AGE LIMIT FOR DIFFERENT POSTS
- For the post of Assistant Professor, the candidates should be below 40 years of age and preferably below 35 years.
- For the post of Associate Professor, the candidates should be below 45 years of age and preferably below 40 years.
In all cases age will be reckoned as on the date of this advertisement. Relaxation in age will be applicable as per GoI norms for different categories. Three year age relaxation will be given for women candidates.
APPLICATION FORM AND SUBMISSION
Applications are to be submitted online through the portal at https://facap.iitpkd.ac.in wherein all necessary instructions may be found. The completed application should be submitted on or before July 3, 2021.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
- A separate application must be submitted for every post through the portal. Data and details that are common to different applications which has been filled into the first application shall be auto-filled in subsequent applications. Candidates may however take care to see that the auto-filled data are indeed correct.
- The application portal requires the following to be uploaded as separate documents, preferably in PDF along with a passport size photograph.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Teaching plan, indicating courses in the discipline that you can teach. An expanded statement of the objectives and long term interests in coursework development may be included. For those with prior teaching experience, the statement should preferably contain details of student feedback ratings, outline of courses taught by the candidate and novel methods used if any. The statement can also include details of any teaching related awards and details of participation in teacher development programs as participant or as mentor.
- Research plan, highlighting the current and past research interests and achievements as also future plans in the short and long terms. The plan should highlight how the work contributes or will contribute to advances in the field. The research plan may also briefly include details of sponsored and consultancy projects that are completed and ongoing, if applicable.
- Copies of Ph.D. degree certificate and penultimate degree (degree immediately preceding Ph.D.) certificate, as well as copy of the penultimate degree marksheet
- Copies/Re-prints of your three best publications authored in the last 10 years, which best highlight your research contributions
- Copies of certificates for proof of category and physical disability as well as NOC, if applicable
- The application portal also requires data on the following.
- Number of publications in peer-reviewed journals and international/national conferences, books and book chapters as well as patents filed/granted. A complete list of all publications/books/patents may be included in the CV, with the salient contributions of the best works of the candidate highlighted.
- Number of externally funded projects and funding received. Specific details on the projects including sponsoring agency, value, status of project, co-investigators and the contributions made by the candidate can be included in the CV.
- Number of students supervised/currently supervising (Ph.D./MS/M.Tech.) as official guide/co-guide.
- Experience (in months) before and after Ph.D. in research and industry as well as teaching experience at UG/PG level. Details on courses taught and novel methods employed can be part of the teaching plan and also detailed in the CV.
- Details of atleast three referees who can provide an independent assessment of your abilities and contributions.
- Any other information such as prizes and awards, organisation of conferences, reviewer for journals, member of editorial boards, outreach activities and administrative roles undertaken may also be clearly highlighted in the CV.
TRAVEL AND RELOCATION ALLOWANCE
- For candidates joining the Institute- Reimbursement of one-way economy class airfare for travel subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Relocation allowance of Rs. 50,000/- or actual, whichever is less, towards transportation of personal effects is also provided for candidates joining the Institute.
SUPPORT FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT OF FACULTY AT IIT PALAKKAD- SOME DETAILS
- An initiation/start-up grant of Rs. 5 lakhs is available to the new faculty member on joining, to be used for initial research set up, travelling to conferences etc. There is also the possibility of a higher start-up grant, based on a proposal for carrying out a research project of 3 years duration, on a selection basis.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs. 3 lakhs for every block period of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) is made available to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participation in national and international conferences, payment of membership fee of professional bodies and contingent expenses.
- The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research and professional institutions. Consultancy is encouraged and liberal consultancy policies are in practice.
- Professional visits can be undertaken during vacation period for carrying out scientific research work.
- Flexible Sabbatical Leave facility.
- Research and Development activities are strongly encouraged in all the Disciplines. As an Institute currently being set up, faculty members joining the Institute will have the all-important task of acquiring modern and contemporary equipment and services for their research work.
- Good facilities exist for computing. The institute also has a high performance computing (HPC) cluster that caters to computational research needs in engineering and physical sciences.
- The Institute has a well- stacked library which is being augmented continuously with access to e-journals as well.
- Permanent faculty positions are open to Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and overseas citizens of India (OCI). Appointment of foreign nationals for a fixed period ON CONTRACT basis is permissible.
- Security clearance from Ministries of External and Home Affairs is necessary in every case for individuals with foreign passports.
- Reservation: Reservation as per Government of India rules, as applicable to IITs, is followed, without any relaxation on qualifications and experience. Necessary/current certificates regarding the eligibility for reservation should be submitted by the candidates.
- Candidates employed in Government and Semi-Government Organizations, Public Undertakings, University and Educational Institutions must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their present employer.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all the posts advertised.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic achievements. Shortlisting of candidates called for interview will be done by the selection committee area-wise/ discipline-wise.
- The invitation to candidate for interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected or his/her conditions specified in the application will be accepted.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding the reason(s) for not being called for interview / outcome of interview.
- The Institute may consider candidates whose area of specialization lie outside those stated herein, provided these persons have an outstanding record.
- Outstation candidates called for personal interview will be paid economy airfare by Air India / /train fare by 2nd AC class by the shortest route.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect / false, the candidature / appointment is liable to be cancelled / terminated.
- Applicants should click on the “Submit the application” button to complete the submission. The applicant will receive an email confirming the submission of application.
Link to the application Portal https://facap.iitpkd.ac.in