2021 - Present : Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IITPKD), Ahalia Integrated Campus, Palakkad, Kerala, India
2019 - 2021 : Post Doctoral Researcher, Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering, king Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
2018 - 2019 : Post Doctoral Researcher, IRDL, University of Southern Brittany (UBS), Lorient, France.
2016 - 2017 : Post Doctoral Researcher, Department of Mathematical Sciences, United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), Al Ain, UAE.
2016 : Visiting researcher at University of York, Heslington, Yorkshire YO10 5DD, UK.
2011 - 2016 : PhD, School of Basic Sciences (Mathematics), Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi), Himachal Pradesh, India.
My Current research work encompasses:
1. Finite Difference Approximations of the solutions of Navier-Stokes equations in both continuous and discontinuous domains. Different formulations of Navier-Stokes equations like primitive variable, stream-function vorticity, pure stream-function are exploited for applications. They encompass:
a. Analyzing wake structures and heat convection for flow past oscillating/non-oscillating circular, ellipse shaped cylinders using our developed schemes.
b. Analyzing the rheology of deformable fluid particles like drops and bubbles in various fluid environments using our developed schemes. The applications include examining the behavior of star shaped/ellipse shaped bubbles oscillating to stationary circular shape at equilibrium, deforming circular bubbles under shear flows.
2. Development of asymptotic Numerical Methods like Time Perturbation and Resummation techniques for solutions of partial differential equations. It includes comparison with classic finite difference schemes for equations like Burgers, Navier-Stokes and level set evolution equations.
3. Risk Assessment of accidental Oil Spills in Red Sea: This study investigates the risk from oil spills along the main shipping lane in the Red Sea based on simulated oil trajectories using the MOHID oil spill model forced by the outputs of validated high resolution met-ocean data that have been generated for the Red Sea. The presented maps in this study provide valuable insight into the risk of oil pollution and a comprehensive information about the direction of the spill and the coastal resources likely to be affected.
MA 2032 : Numerical Analysis (Jan - Aug '22)
- Kumar A, Ray RK, Mittal HVR. Heat Transfer Past a Rotationally Oscillating Circular Cylinder in Linear Shear Flow; Journal of Heat Transfer, ASME (2022), Vol. 144, pp. (071802)1-12.
- Ragupathi P, Saranya S, Mittal HVR, Al-Mdallal QM. Computational Study on Three-Dimensional Convective Casson Nanofluid Flow past a Stretching Sheet with Arrhenius Activation Energy and Exponential Heat Source Effects; Complexity (2021).
- Mittal HVR, Langodan S, Zhan P, Li S, knio O, Hoteit I,. Hazard asessment of oil spills along the main shipping lane in the Red Sea; Scientific Reports, Nature (2021), Vol. 11 No. 8, pp.1-14.
- Mittal HVR, Kalita JC, Al-Mdallal QM. A hybrid ψ– v HOC approach for surface tension driven flows in level set framework; Computers and Mathematics with Applications (2020), Vol. 79 No. 8, pp 2350–2375.
- Mittal HVR, Ray RK, Gadhela H, Patil DV. A coupled immersed interface and level set method for simulation of interfacial flows steered by surface tension; Experimental and Computational Multiphase Flow (2020), pp 1–17.
- Mittal HVR, Ray RK. Solving Immersed Interface Problems Using a New In- terfacial Points-Based Finite Difference Approach; SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing Vol. 40 No. 3 (2018), pp A1860–A1883.
- Mittal HVR, Al-Mdallal QM. A numerical study of forced convection from an isothermal cylinder performing rotational oscillations in a uniform stream; International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer Vol. 127 (2018), pp 357-374.
- Mittal HVR, Ray RK and Al-Mdallal QM. A numerical study of initial flow past an impulsively started rotationally oscillating circular cylinder using a transformation- free HOC scheme; Physics of Fluids Vol. 29 No. 9 (2017) pp 093603.
- Mittal HVR, Al-Mdallal QM and Ray RK. Locked-on vortex shedding modes from a rotationally oscillating circular cylinder; Ocean Engineering Vol. 146 (2017) pp 324-338.
- Mittal HVR, Kalita JC and Ray RK. A class of finite difference schemes for interface problems with an HOC approach; International Journal of Numerical Methods in Fluids Vol. 82 No. 9 (2016) pp 567-606.
Atendra Kumar, Rajendra K Ray, HVR MittalJournal of Heat Transfer 144 (7) 071802 (2022)Hari Vansh RAI Mittal, Mohamad Abed El Rahman Hammoud, Olivier Le Maītre, Ibrahim Hoteit, Omar M KnioAGU Fall Meeting 2021 (2021)