- Objectives of the Institute
- To provide the best educational infrastructure for imparting high class education in science and technology and a creative atmosphere for inter-disciplinary research both by the students and the faculty.
- To increase the student capacity to meet the growing demands for industry.
- To maintain global standards in student-faculty ratio, research output, publications in journals and placement of students.
- To participate in and contribute to nation building through various flagship schemes of the Government of India/State Governments requiring technological interventions thereby spurring economic growth for the welfare of the masses.
- To provide research and development consultancy, which will foster healthy industry-academia partnership, thereby providing a competitive edge to the indigenous manufacturing.
2. Mission / Vision Statements
- To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research and to promote academic growth by offering state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
- To identify, based on an informed perception of Indian, regional and global needs, areas of specialization upon which the institute can concentrate.
- To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academia and industry.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
- To contribute to society through excellence in scientific and technical education and research.
- To serve as a valuable resource for industry and society.
8. RTI Act
FRAMEWORK OF THE REPORT
|1.1||Background of this hand-book||Right to Information Act. 2005 (RTI Act)|
|1.2||Objective / purpose of this hand-book||To provide information about the Institute and sources of information|
|1.3||Users of this hand-book||Students and staff of the Institute, general public, etc.|
|1.4||Organization of the information in this hand-book||As per guidelines of MHRD.|
Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
Act: Right to Information Act 2005
Statutes: Acts and Statutes of the Institute.
|1.6||Contact Person||Dr. B. Thiagarajan Deputy Registrar & Central Public Information Officer(CPIO)|
|1.7||For additional information||1. Refer various rules and regulation books of the Institute 2. Contact the appropriate officer as per list in this book or the Institute website.|
2. Particulars of Organization, Functions and Duties
2.1 Brief history of the Institute and context of its formation
2.2 Duties of the Institute
- Teaching and Research
2.3 Main activities/functions of the Institute
- Teaching and Research
2.4 Services being provided by the Institute
- Teaching at UG and PG levels in science and engineering (see details of teaching programs on the website).
- To conduct state-of-the-art research in technological and fundamental in frontier areas of science and technology.
- To undertake sponsored research and consultancy.
- To cater to continuing education program of the Government of India.
- To organize conferences, seminars and short term courses.
2.5 Expectation of the Institute from the public for enhancing its effectiveness and efficiency
- The Institute needs support, cooperation and suggestions of citizens of the country.
2.6 Organizational Chart
2.7 Address of the Institute
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad,
Ahalia Integrated Campus,
Kozhippara P. O, Palakkad,
Kerala - 678557
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad,
Near Gramalakshmy Mudralayam, Pudussery P.O,
Kanjikode West, Palakkad, Kerala - 678623.
2.8 Institute working hours
- 9 AM to 5 PM
3. Powers and Duties of Officers and Employees
- Director is the Principal Academic and Executive Officer of the Institute. The Director shall be responsible for the proper administration of the Institute and for the imparting of the instruction and maintenance of discipline therein. The Director has the power to incur expenditure in accordance with the procedure as may be laid by the Board/MHRD from time to time.
- Deans shall assist the Director in academic and administrative work and maintaining liaison with Institution of higher learning and research.
- Registrar is the custodian of records, funds of Institute and such other properties of the Institute.
- Other officers and staff of the Institute assume powers, responsibilities and duties as assigned to them from time to time by the Director.
- For more details see Act and Statutes of the Institute.
4. Rules, Regulations and Instructions used
- Institutes of Technology Act, 1961
- Regulations for all courses (UG/PG/Research)
- Courses of studies (UG/PG)
- Fundamental rules
- Supplementary rules
- General financial rules
- Central treasury rules
- Further Govt. of India Guidelines/Norms/Orders/Procedures issued from time to time.
5. Boards, Council, Committees and other Bodies
List of members in BOG, Senate and Finance Committee available in website.
6. Public Information Officers
Prof. P. B. Sunil Kumar
Central Public Information Officer
Dr. B. Thiagarajan
Assistant Public Information Officers:
1. Mr. Muralee Krishnan U Nair
Assistant Registrar (Finance & Accounts)
2. Ms. Thasnin Harish C M
Assistant Registrar (Academics)
3. Dr. Soumya G. Rajan
Assistant Registrar (HR)
7. Procedure followed in Decision Making Process
As per Act and Statutes of the Institute. (Link to the Acts and Statutes.)
8. Directory of Officers and Employee
|IIT Palakkad Contact Number||04923 226 300|
|IIT Pkd Fax Number||04923 226 300|
|Prefix 04923-226-XXX where XXX is the PBAX number|
|1||Prof. P.B. Sunil Kumar
|2||Col. S. Chakrborty
|3||Prof. K.L Sebastian
Dean - Academic Research
|4||Prof. K V Govindan Kutty
Dean - Students
|5||Prof. Vinod Achutavarrier Prasad
Dean - ICSR
|6||Dr. Deepak Rajendraprasad Associate
Dean - Academics
|7||Prof. Job Kurian
Professor In-charge Admn.
|8||Dr. B. Thiagarajan
|9||Mr. Muralee Krishnan U Nair
Assistant Registrar - Accounts
|10||Ms. Thasnin Harish C M
Assistant Registrar - Academics
|11||Dr. Soumya G. Rajan
Assistant Registrar - HR
|12||Mr. Biju K V
Technical Officer - CFET
9. Fee for various Programs
10. Norms / Standards
11. Information available in Electronic Form
- All relevant information about Institute activities are made available on our website.
12. Means, methods and facilities available to citizens for obtaining information.
- Citizens can obtain information by notice boards, post, email, website, advertisements, press releases, telephone, etc.
13. Other Useful Information
14. Purchase Procedure