Advertisement for Video Editors (Contractual) at IIT Palakkad
IIT Palakkad is looking for talented video editors to edit videos of lectures delivered by its faculty and make it available to the students. As a video editor, you should be able to manipulate recorded videos to achieve professional quality. You will be expected to collect the editing requirements from multiple faculty members and teaching assistants via email and work on multiple editing projects on a single day.
- Work closely with faculty and manipulate and edit recorded videos as requested by faculty
- Assemble multiple videos together to form a consistent and coherent lecture without perceivable glitches
- Collect the client requirements and clarify doubts via email.
- Transcribe videos using online transcription tools.
- Edit audio and annotate videos with additional text insets
- Gather and transfer all forms of media into editing software and ensure each was updated in the correct format
- Operate computer editing systems and equipment used for video recording
- Improve video and sound quality using various video software
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos
- They will have to work from IIT Palakkad’s offices with the hardware and software tools provided by IIT Palakkad
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in film editing, video production, digital media, mass communications, computer technology, computer applications or related areas
- At least two years of experience in video editing/production, mass communications or related areas
- Good English communication skills
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs. Experience in using open-source softwares for video editing is preferrable.
- Experience in uploading videos to digital platforms such as YouTube and maintaining an active youtube channel is preferable.
- Experience with editing notable video projects is preferable
The appointment will be on contract for three months, with a possibility of extension at the end of the term based on performance. The typical monthly compensation for a candidate with diploma/degree and two years experience will be around Rs. 20,000/- (lumpsum). The actual compensation varies depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Interested candidates are required to submit their resume, email address, and preferably a few links to three of their best video projects available online. These can be submitted by email to email@example.com and make cc to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st of July 2020 . Online interviews will be held immediately and the selected candidates are expected to join in the first week of August.
Notification for recruitment of Junior Engineer (Civil) - On Contract
Reference - IITPKD/ADHOC/HR/EWD/2020-01
- Name of the Position: Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Affiliation: Engineering Works Department (EWD)
- Number of Positions: 1
- Pay Matrix
- (Consolidated Pay) Rs. 35000/- + HRA
- Maximum Age: 28 years
- Eligibility: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in relevant branch with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized University/ Institution with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Supervision of construction activities with quality and safety of large projects from Government or reputed companies. Knowledge of AutoCAD, quantity estimation, project management tools are desirable
- Duration of Contract: 1 year
Candidates satisfying the required qualification and experience may send their resumes to “email@example.com”. The subject of the application e-mail should be Application for Junior Engineer (Civil). The resumes should reach the email ID latest by July 18, 2020, 1700 hours.
Notification for Research Associate – Civil Engineering
- Project area: BIM modeller for Engineering Works Division
- Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Architecture from any recognized university with 1-year of experience or. M. E./ M. Tech/ M. Arch.
- Required skills: Experience in drafting building/MEP systems using AutoCAD.
- Desirable skills: Experience in digital modelling/ BIM modelling, modelling using Autodesk AEC suit (such as Revit, Navis manage etc.,), Autodesk certification,
- Appointment duration: Initially for One year with the possibility of extension for one more year depending on satisfactory performance.
- No. of Positions: One
- Salary Particulars: Consolidated gross salary for candidate with Bachelor's degree would be Rs. 30,000 per month and for those with Master’s degree would be Rs. 35,000 per month.
- Deadline for application: February 5, 2020 (Wednesday).
Candidates satisfying the required skills may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the application e-mail should be Application for Research Associate – Civil Engineering.
Project Assistant – Engineering Works Department (EWD)
- Designation: Project Assistant (on contract)
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Science or Engineering subjects from a recognised university
- Desirable skills: Experience in working in office settings particularly in Database management and Digitisation of documents; skilled in the usage of MS Office packages or other software tools aiding office management
- Appointment duration: Initially for one year with the possibility of extension depending on satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- No. of Positions: One
- Salary Particulars: The monthly gross remuneration for this position will be Rs. 23,000/- (Twenty-Three Thousand rupees only)
- Deadline for application: February 5, 2020 (Wednesday)
Candidates satisfying the required skills may send their resumes to email@example.com. The subject of the application e-mail should be Application for Project Assistant – EWD.
Advertisement for English Language Consultant (Contractual) at IIT Palakkad
IIT Palakkad invites applications for the post of English language consultant (Contractual). The job role will involve the following responsibilities:
1) Offering training sessions to staff on relevant aspects of Business/Professional English writing.
2) Proofreading student CVs and advising them on the effective use of English in professional writing.
3) Editorial assistance for the institute’s various written materials.
The ideal candidate will have an MA (English) with first class. Some experience with technical writing is desirable. The appointment will be on contract for a year, with a possibility of extension at the end of the year based on performance.
Interested candidates are required to submit a 500 word essay on how they can contribute to IIT Palakkad in the advertised role. Send the essay along with a recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st of January 2020 .
For more details click here
Opening for the position of Junior Technician (Temporary)
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Technician at IIT Palakkad on Temporary basis.
1. Qualification and experience : a) 3 years Diploma in Computer Science / Hardware Engineering (or) ITI
b) 1 Year experience in relevant field after possessing required qualification
2. Number of vacancies : Two
3. Remuneration : Rs 18000/-(Rupees Eighteen Thousands only) per month consolidated
4. Upper Age limit : 25 years
5. Tenure of appointment : Six months initially; likely to be continued based on performance
6. Nature of job : Installation of Network components, Operating Systems, Peripherals, Trouble -shooting and maintenance of PCs.
Interested candidates may click here to apply online before April 16, 2019.